Each Caring Hands Animal Hospital has a surgical suite for routine and critical procedures which can be scheduled Monday through Friday with your preferred doctor. Our surgical suite offers a client viewing area allowing you to accompany your pet throughout their hospital stay.
A Licensed Veterinary Technician monitors vital signs on all surgical patients, and monitoring equipment is used to measure heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen levels, CO2 levels, blood pressure, and temperature. Pain medication is given before and after all surgical procedures because keeping your pet comfortable is our top priority. Should you ever require a specialized service that is unavailable at our hospital, we are happy to assist with referrals to an appropriate specialist.
Leading up to your pet’s surgery, you will be informed of the following protocols for your pet’s safety:
- No food after 8:00pm the night before surgery. Limited amounts of water are OK.
- Admit your pet between 7:30-8:00am, review and sign Consent Form and Treatment Plan. Please allot yourself enough time to go over these forms and ask any questions you may have. The doctor or technician will update you after surgery and confirm a discharge appointment time.
- Routine surgeries are discharged the day of the procedure.
- Discharge appointments will be scheduled to review post-operative care and review all medications to take home.
Whatever your pet’s surgical needs are, the staff at Caring Hands Animal Hospital treats you and your pet with compassion and respect.
We now have special spay & neuter packages available — find out more here.
As an option, Caring Hands Animal Hospital offers a state-of-the-art surgical laser that may be used in place of a traditional surgical blade in any surgery. The benefits of using the surgical laser as a cutting tool include:
- Reduced Pain – the surgical laser seals nerve endings as it cuts.
- Reduced Bleeding – the laser cauterizes small blood vessels during surgery.
- Less swelling – no physical contact and no crushing of tissues, cuts are made by the invisible laser beam.